One event, three days, three islands, three races. The Azores Trail Run Triangle Adventure on the islands of Faial, Pico and São Jorge will take place this weekend. Part of the Salomon Golden Trail Series and the Grand Final of the Golden Trail National Series for Portugal and Spain attracts once more athletes from all around the globe.
On the first day of the event, runners will climb Pico, starting at sea level in Madalena and running all the way up to the highest peak of Portugal. For the second day, the pack will transfer to the São Jorge and run across the island, from fajã to fajã. For the final day, the competitors will race from the volcano of Capelinhos up to the Caldeira of Faial, and back along the 10 volcanoes trail to Capelinhos.
If you are participating, you already know the details, if you want to cheer the athletes of the Triangle Adventure, below you have all the details, times, locations and track information. Go and support the trail runners!
Program Azores Trail Run Triangle Adventure
Faial – October 21st (Thursday)
- 10.00 a.m to 9.00pm. – Bib Collection at Faialense Theatre
- 2:00 p.m Prologue (optional)
- 7.00 p.m. – Azores Triangle Adventure Briefing at Faialense Theatre
Day 1, Pico – October 22nd (Friday)
- 07.00 a.m. – Meeting at Horta Maritimal Terminal
- 07.30 a.m. – Departure of the boat to Madalena (Pico)
- 08.00 a.m. – Arrival of the boat at Madalena (Pico)
- 09.00 a.m. – Start of the race Vineyard to the Mountain Trail
- 02.00 p.m. – Transfers from Mountain House to Madalena (bus leaving every hour)
- 07.00 p.m. – Time limit to be at Mountain House (departure of the last bus to Madalena)
Day 2, São Jorge – October 23rd (Saturday)
- 08:10 am – Meeting at the Madalena Maritime Terminal
- 08:40 am – Departure from the boat to Velas (São Jorge)
- 10:00 am – Arrival on the boat at Velas (São Jorge)
- 10:15 am – Transfer departure to start line
- 11: 30 am – Start of the Fajãs Trail stage
- 3 pm – Start of transfers from the finish line to Velas (departure every 1 hour)
- 8 pm – Time limit to reach the finish line (departure of the last transfer to Velas)
October 24th (Sunday)
- 07.30 a.m. – Meeting at Velas Maritimal Terminal
- 08.00 a.m. – Departure of the boat to Horta (Faial)
- 9.40 a.m. – Arrival of the boat to Horta (Faial)
- 10.00 a.m. – Departure of the buses to the start line
- 11.00 a.m. – Start of the race VolcanoesTrail
- 9.00 p.m. – Time limit to be at finish line
1) Pay attention to the boat transfer schedule. If you miss the boat you will certainly miss the race.
2) Check out with regularity your email, the Triangle Adventure Facebook Page and this site to follow any information regarding logistics, regulations and recommendations due to Covid Pandemic.
3) The routes, programs and rules may change due to weather conditions.