EXPLORE THE GUIDED TOURS OF WWW.VISTFAIAL.COM
GUIDED TOURS WITH VISITFAIAL:COM
You might have asked yourself, why should you explore a new place with the help of a tour guide? There are not only guide books available, but the internet is full with useful information. There are some simple reasons to do so…
- Booking a tour saves time – no need to find your way
- Booking a tour is comfortable – no need to care about mobility
- Booking a tour is complete – not miss out anything
…and there are more elaborate reasons to book a tour guide…
- The guide knows the stories of Faial
- The guide knows the history of Faial
- The guide knows the people of Faial
The guide can show you the unique and interesting side of Faial.
YOUR GUIDE - ANDREAS MERZ
Born in Switzerland, after having spent more than 20 years of my life in business in various European countries I moved with my wife and our daughter in 2019 from Budapest to Faial. Why Faial, not only because of its beauty and remoteness, but also because of the charm of the people, its society and history. It was a big decision to do so, but never since we had a minute of regret.
Besides guiding visitors, we are having an organic banana farm in Feteira, are working on the reconstruction of our house into a small bed&breakfast and enjoy becoming more and more Faialense.
Living in Faial, but coming from outside, means that I can not only show you our beautiful island, but I also know from personal experience what are the differences which are interesting for a visitor. Check out our tours, I am sure that we have something for you. If you are not sure, please drop a line and I will help.
ABOUT YOUR WELL-BEEING
Your are our guest, most important to us is your satisfaction and personal well-being during our tours. If you have any special need, area of interest or any request, please let us know before, but also during the tour, so that we can ensure your full satisfaction
Well-being means for us also that we make sure that you do not have to spend your day on an empty stomach. We exclusively include in our tours a rich picnic for our guests. Whenever possible we use local products and ingredients for our picnic basket.
Throughout the trip you have snacks and drinks available at your discretion. For lunchtime we will stop at one of the many recreational parks, lay out a plaid and enjoy the picnic. For those who like it, accompanied by a glass of wine from Pico. We have of course also vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options, if you have any allergy, let us know.
The composition of the basket is seasonal, but typically includes the following:
- Sandwiches made with home made bread and a variety of fillings and spreads (ham, chorizo, tuna spread, vegetable spreads)
- Sweet rolls
- Seasonal fruit, including organic bananas from our plantation
- Water, soft drinks, juices, beer and wine from Pico
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- All our tours are private tours
- All tours outside of Horta include a picnic, snacks and drinks
- If you have any special needs, please inform us, we try to do our best to help you
- Limited by the size of our car, the maximum number of guests is 6, including children
- The meteorological conditions in the Azores can change very quickly, we try our best to accommodate but occasionally we have to cancel a tour or modify the route
- Prices are all inclusive including VAT, entrance fees, insurance and ferry tickets
- Please send your booking request directly through the website
- Please read carefully the terms and conditions before finalizing your booking
- If not otherwise agreed, booking is confirmed by email after a pre-payment of 30% of the total fee
- Our tours are covered by the statutory insurance of tour operators, insurance police number 0006888397, Açoreana / Generali Seguros
- Tours are provided by Atlantic Plantation Unipessoal Lda, registration number 17/2021/RAA.